This is a 100% mesh cottage, multi season, multi texture change cottage.
Hut Footprint = 7 x 7
Hut & Patio Footprint = 14 x 14
Land Impact = 58 (with snow roof and curtains)
Land Impact = 48 (without snow roof and curtains)
Permissions = COPY/MODIFY
This cabin comes set up as the winter version which is easy enough to change.
To remove the snow roof, simply go to edit >> select the snow roof prim >> de-link and then remove. You can always rez another winter version next time as it is copy mod.
As it is 100% Mesh you can make the hut bigger simply by using edit and stretch, Please remember though that Mesh made bigger will usually have a bigger Land Impact too, so always make sure you have another copy of the cottage before you start!
This hut comes with a seasonal accessories pack of;
~ Sparkling Winter Topiary Trees
~ Christmas Garlands (various colours and styles)
~ Outdoor/indoor lanterns + on/off switch
~ Crackling Fire + on/off switch
Accessory pack LI = 76 but this can be reduced dependent on your decorating tastes!
WHERE TO BUY
WINDOW PRIVACY PANEL
Privacy windows (via the texture control panel by the right side of the front door)
You can change the textures for:
- Exterior and interior walls
- Floor and patio
- Doors and windows
WINDOW TEXTURE CONTROL ACCESS LEVELS
You can select 3 access levels of user, who may interact with the texture change script:
Level 0 – Everyone :means anyone who touches the control panel will be able to set the texture control menu
Level 1 – Authorized users :list of users must be specified. The list is saved in a notecard “:mptUsers” (without the quotes) in the control panel. This notecard is located in the silver control panel object. To access this prim – select build – choose edit linked – click on the light prim – go to contents. You will see the notecard there. To add specified names follow the details below. Add the name of each avatar who you’d like to allow access to the texture change menu. Each name MUST be written in a new line. Spell each name exactly as it is in SL including capitals – Beware of misspellings 😉 The owner of the object doesn’t need to be in the list if Access Level is set to 1 in order to have access to the menu. You an access this notecard by selecting the contents of the control panel.
Level 2 – Owner only: – only the owner of the object will have access to the menu.
OUTDOOR & INDOOR, LIGHTS/LANTERNS/LAMPS
All lights come with 3 settings which are Hi/Lo/Off. They use the Paskis light system which works very well and creates a lovely natural light. Lighting is very important in-world and it makes a big difference to how ‘real’ things appear. If you don’t have the right settings on your viewer you won’t see the effect of lamps and candles.
Go to preferences on whichever viewer you are using and select the graphics tab. Then choose the advanced or custom settings then make sure that ‘local lights’, ‘ambient lights’ and ‘advanced lighting’ are selected to get the maximum lighting effects.
IMPORTANT Remember that you will have to adjust your lighting if/when you change your graphic settings. The more use you make of lighting and shadows will mean that you will have to adjust your indoor lighting accordingly.
The most effective security to protect your privacy and possessions is to set your land to private and invest in a top end security or land protector!
To open the door menu –
Touch door, hold & slide downwards.
The menu options will pop up, simply follow the easy to use instructions to:
- Set access
- Change close/open times etc
You will need to touch each door to operate and update the menu. It can sometimes take a few attempts to get the touch, hold and slide technique right but keep trying it definitely does work!
The house comes as a single build (there are no separate, unlinked doors in any of my cottages!) so it is easy to place and move without the need for a rezzer.
The accessories and furniture packs do come with a simple rezzer so just follow the instructions to rez and to store once everything is in place. Once you are happy with where everything is placed, select options on the rezzer menu and then select ‘store’. This will delete all of the rezzer scripts and leave your decor in place. You can now safely remove the rezzer box.
The rezzer has been packed by the main doorway , so simply position the rezzer here to help with placing the furniture correctly
VIEWING MESH BUILDS
This is a ‘100 %’ MESH build – so you will need a suitable viewer such as ‘Viewer 2’ or ‘Firestorm’ to be able to see the house properly. The floors have been kept as prims to make it easier for you to make modifications to the layout and to optimise build physics.
See the additional notes coming up next for more information on what may happen to mesh builds when modified. Use the ‘search’ link at the bottom of the website to find more information, photos and information on making modifications to MESH builds.
MODIFYING POLYGON MESH BUILDS
There are some important differences between Mesh & Old Style Prim Building. Linden Lab support confirm that Mesh and Partial Mesh builds behave very differently in builds, which means that if you enjoy modifying the houses you buy it’s even more important to know what to do.
Only make modifications if you are confident in what your building skills and always take a copy of the cottage.
This house is a 100% mesh build (although for ease of use, your own modifications and optimum physics the floors are all prims) .
Here are some points to bear in mind when making modifications:
▪ The prim count for the cottage is the one as stated in its original state. I will provide Customer Support given for any issues or help needed with the original build. Please send an email, notecard or contact me via my blog as IMs often get capped
▪ Mesh objects which are linked can have a much lower combined Land Impact than as separate individual items. This means that you will need to understand how to combine these objects effectively and how to optimise the physics to get the lowest possible LI
▪ Setting the physics for each object in the correct way will help to keep the LI down. Physics here just means the way that each object interacts with the Virtual World and Avatars, literally its physical properties in the Metaverse such as collision, whether you can walk on/through it etc. You will find the physics tab in ‘Edit Object’ >>> Features Tab. See further technical information around this on the Second Life Blog
▪ Additionally, the physics properties of objects can change once de- linked. Setting the physics incorrectly or changing them from the physics set in the original build can have an impact on your use of the building i.e. changes you make to object physics (either knowingly or by accident) may cause you to fall through floors, be unable to walk through arches, doorways etc, so be careful when making any modifications!
▪ Linden Lab also confirm that Prim count/Land Impact can also increase when scripts are added to the build this is just the way that Mesh has been set up in Second Life
ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN ORIGINAL COPY OF YOUR HOUSE ! That way if things do go horribly wrong (and they do for builders too, you’ll always have something to start all over again)
Have fun with your new home and get in touch if you have any questions!
GET IN TOUCH